Congratulations on the birth of your little acorn!
The first weeks postpartum are filled with wonder as you marvel at you newborn babe. It can also be an extremely challenging time for new families. As a professional Postpartum Doula, Cate is here to help you navigate the nuances of this precious time. Postpartum Doulas are a wonderful gift. If friends and family aren’t sure what to get your family, ask them for pre-purchased Postpartum Doula care!
What does a Postpartum Doula Do?
- Provide non-biased emotional, physical and informational support during postpartum period
- Encourage family to seek care that reflects their values and needs
- Encourages informed decision making
- Support Physical and Emotional healing of the mother
- Provide information on care options and resources for the mother and newborn
- Support and assist with infant feeding
- Educate the family on newborn care and characteristics
- Provide support to the new mother’s partner and/or family
- Assist with household organization
- Refer to healthcare professionals when support requires clinical assessment, a need for prescription or medical diagnosis
So what does that look like for a new family?
- Resources and Referrals (massage, acupunture, support groups, pediatric chiropractors, green baby goods, etc.)
- Breastfeeding/latch and postitioning help
- Understanding baby cues
- Diapering and baby care
- Sibling support
- Light housekeeping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Assess for Postpartum mood disorders
- Help creating a nurturing and quiet environment for the family
- Assist family in organizing offers to help from friends and extened family to create structured flow of help.
- Hands-on education for infant and mama care
- Prepare pump supplies and bottles
- Babywearing assistance, education and demonstartions
- Caring for mama as she recovers from birth
- Processing the birth experience
Services and fees
Complimentary Phone Consultation
20 minutes to discuss of initial family priority/needs
discussion of fees
Support as disscussed in consulation
Day and/or night support if necessary
Support available by phone or text
Fee: hourly rate: $35
Recurring Postpartum Care
Schedule 30 or more hours for a discounted rate
Fee: 15% off hourly rate
One-time postpartum care
One 3 hour comprehensive visit with mama and newborn.
*New Service Breastfeeding Couseling for new Mamas
Hourly consultation, Q/A and experiential support (latching, positioning,nutriton, over supply, under supply) Loving and compassionate unbiased support.
Fee: Hourly rate: $35